Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Top ten favorite games ever

Since my blog is brand new, I thought I would start with a post that would probably be commonly searched (or at least I search it :>) on google or yahoo. That way, people would click the link and find the site. Congratulations, you found it!!! Unfortunately, you win nothing! But more importantly, this first poll was inspired by what I love to do; seperate the average from the cream of the crop. So if you would please, post your ten favorite games and give a few words why each game merited a position on the list in your eyes. Here's mine:

10. Daxter:
My favorite PSP game, the run and jump platformer gameplay is great, even when compared to awesome games like the Super Mario Bros franchise.

9. Pokemon Leafgreen/Firered:
Say what you will, falsely attempt to judge my sexuality, etc.,but you can't say much about Pokemon. The characters appeal to everyone, its more addicting than narcotics (which, according to my health teacher, is very addicting) and its plain fun. Plus, its the right way to do a portable adventure.

8.Super Mario 64:
My gaming heaven; pure unadulterated platforming. It would be higher if not for the fact that it pales in comparison to today's visuals and audio.

7. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past:
Ocarina of Time (later on the list) 2D. The graphics are still spectacular by 2D standards, and the story was epic.

6. LOZ: Ocarina of Time:
The first game that really immersed the player in a massive virtual world. Even if you don't like it, you have to respect how polished it is, even by today's standards.

5. Super Mario World:
Colorful, fun, varied, gameplay epitome -- yeah, its that good.

4. Super Mario Bros 3:
The precursor and only superior to SMW in the world of 2D gaming. Introduced suit happy gameplay, a staple in my mind.

3. LOZ: Twilight Princess:
Ocarina of Time brought to today's technical standards. The graphics are majestic from an artistic standpoint.

2. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption:
The most polished FPS (or FPA if you will) I've ever played; its just a lot of fun.

1. Super Mario Galaxy:
Incredible, in a word. Feel free to substitute that word with ones like perfect, amazing, precious, etc.,. This game provided more fun for $50 than I think I'll ever have again or ever had. The gameplay, graphics, sound; all are spot on. If you own a Wii, this is the game to get.

Please reply. Note that this will be updated if any amazing game comes out that really blows me away. Also note that I am not a fan of all genres, and your favorites may not be on the list. That's what comments are for. Thank you.

No comments: